Friday, December 21, 2012

I have been thinking about sailing again. Funny how ideas come and go in your head. I have a scene of a sloop sailing up the channel in Southampton U.K. many years ago. The day was cloudy with dark clouds over the port and sun just peeking under the clouds lighting the scene dramatically. The sloop was close hauled and piloted by a gentleman in foul weather gear and I believe a beard. Oh how I wish I were there with him now rocking along the channel headed into an anchorage listening to the waves lapping against the hull and feeling the sun warm my foul weather gear smelling the mustiness of old boats and boating gear. Being in the U.K. we would have a thermos of hot tea handy with a bit of rum or whiskey in it to keep out the chill. Certainly we would be looking forward to a drink or two and dinner at a pub once we got on shore.

I guess I have an over active imagination eh? Or maybe I have an unmet desire/fantasy of sailing again with a partner and lose myself into a fictional tale only an old lady longing for that which can not be fulfilled. How sad is that ? I find myself daydreaming and lonely in old age; there is no one to play with my age or with my interests. What a sad mess the end chapters of my life have become no partner, no boat, no adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home